yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That is why it is the present.

Try to live each day as it should be lived, with joy and gratitude, peppered with humility........

Sunday 11 April 2010

The stork visits my sister

After years of yearning my little sister (although she is taller than me and not far off 30) is having a baby. I am so excited. I don't think I was this excited at my own pregnancies. It's funny how things work out. I was struggling with a worrying amount of broodiness. Frankly the only things that should be broody around here are my hens! I was never broody before I had my two but felt it just after having A. It lasted a good while and almost came to fruition. Sadly it was not to be. But just lately every baby I have cuddled and seeing pregnant women in the street bring that primal yearning. Frankly I am no virgin mother and would never wish for the new messiah. But if I found myself pregnant it would be a blooming miracle! It still didn't stop me looking into prams wheeled passed and cooing over other women's little bundles of joy. Just when I was starting to worry, along comes C and her bountiful womb :) I am to be an aunt (again, I have four wonderful niece/nephews but alas they live a fair way away) C seems to have changed with it all. She has a glow about her and a smile on her lips. She has lost the slight pained look she would carry with her. She will be a wonderful Mother and frankly I am looking forward to being a besotted Aunt.
I couldn't resist a Giant Peter Rabbit in the local supermarket last week and C spent all day hugging it to herself squeaking my little one has a bunny! I'm still not sure if the excitement was for the baby or for the bunny.....
Happy times

No comments:

Labels

A (2) acting (1) chickens (1) children (1) Fibromialgia (3) Garden (1) Georgie (2) insomnia (1) L (2) pain (1)

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews