yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That is why it is the present.

Try to live each day as it should be lived, with joy and gratitude, peppered with humility........

Sunday 21 February 2010

Raindrop on roses and whiskers on kittens....

Isn't it funny how the little things can give you an enormous sense of well being. This last two days I have made the effort to get G to the beach for a run. Yesterday I took her for her first time. A bright crisp day with promise of spring. A blue sky and invigorating surf. I took her out on the the beach which left her running around me in circles. Sand an amazing new texture to be played in and sniffed. Trying to bite the bubbles of the foam on the sand from the surf. Running full pelt at the waves only to stop short and run from them. A good hour of unadulterated simple fun with G. I have not been a dog person through my life. I grew up with a beautiful Dane, but never saw myself as a dog owner. I have always favored cats and Harry and Buffy have given me years of joy (and mice). The chickens are an endless source of fun and eggs. (Miss Pecky has just saved herself from the oven by providing me with a couple of eggs) But G is a revelation. So loving an gentle and funny and hyper and loopy and and and.....
We returned again to the same beach today and again fun was had. She was however a little tired and didn't want such a long romp.
Then a unexpected meeting with my dear friends A & H. A truly wonderful couple. Tea was had and cake resisted.
Then this evening my Babies came home. Full of love and happiness. How I love them....

all in all the sunshine and my loved ones have yet again been a blessing. I love them all x

No comments:

Labels

A (2) acting (1) chickens (1) children (1) Fibromialgia (3) Garden (1) Georgie (2) insomnia (1) L (2) pain (1)

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews