yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That is why it is the present.

Try to live each day as it should be lived, with joy and gratitude, peppered with humility........

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Regency musings


Just for the joy of it here he is....


I have spent the last couple of weeks playing miss Sarah Hopkins of Blaenavon. A charming and delightful character to indulge. She is/was a kind, strong willed, passionate woman. Fighting the good fight for educational reform in the limited world a regency lady inhabits. I also am giving a lecture in conjunction with N on Friday evening on regency manners and society. Best foot forward and posh voice to boot. I suppose a long and lenghty chat on fashion and address will be orders of the day. All in all a week haunting the world of Jane Austen is on the cards. I find myself in this path of my life journey with less patience for the simpering Jane's of many of her characters and identifying my with her Emma, and Lizzy's..I will forever be waiting for my Colonel Brandon ;) knowing my luck he will turn up looking nothing as dashing as Alan Rickman.


So the question remains, Have I put aside these childish things? Have I finally accepted, in my cynicism, that romance is dead? With another lonely Valentine looming on the horizon I find myself tutting when I walk past the sickening isles upon isles of chocolates, flowers and sappy bears... I like to think the answer is no. I have just become less patient with the commercial exploitation of the loved up consumer. I personally find the story of St Dwynwen much preferable. More a story I can relate to. A woman loved, a relationship denied and advantage taken. A forgiving soul, finding peace in her own way... Would I unfreeze Maelon? I'd like to say yes I would. 25th Jan for those wondering ;)


Will anyone ever hang from a tree and pretend to be a monkey just to see me smile? Who knows?

No comments:

Labels

A (2) acting (1) chickens (1) children (1) Fibromialgia (3) Garden (1) Georgie (2) insomnia (1) L (2) pain (1)

Followers

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews